Hollow Knight (Again!)
Oct. 20th, 2025 11:58 amPartly because Silksong came out, but also because my brother has Covid (again) and I'm waiting to see if I've caught it too, so I'm trying to stay put.
I resumed my PC playthrough where I was trying to beat Hornet II without any nail upgrades and...I did it! After getting one more mask and one more charm notch. And I also used the spore shroom charm, which did help a bit, and I'm okay with that because I was getting tired of trying tbh.
What amazed me the most was realizing how much of the game I'd played before that, without any nail upgrades.
I didn't even use the seal to get into City of Tears, and I think I arrived via King's Station? Because I hadn't even been to the Resting Grounds yet. But I'd defeated Mantis Lords, since I had their charm, Lost Kin, because I had the double jump thing obv, Dung Defender, Soul Master (or w/e he's called) and done all of Crystal Peak (which is my least favourite area of the game), apart from the 2x damage boss and including Crown of Hallownest.
I'd already gotten all charms bar one from Salubra, and still had to buy only two charm notches. I had not gotten the charms from the dude in the shroom place.
And I had the tram pass because I believe I defeated Mantis Lords, then went to Deepnest to get the pass and from there to Ancient Basin and from there on to King's Station.
I'm impressed.
Over the weekend I've done I'd say the majority of what was left, got over 1200 essence in my dream nail, explored the rest of Deepnest (apart from the very bottom where that long-necked thing is...the Midwife?), got into Fog Canyon, Queen's Gardens (<3 <3 <3), did "normal" Grimm (which is disgustingly easy now compared to Nightmare King), did the first Colosseum Challenge, opened Stag Station...for some reason I hadn't been to Howling Cliffs! Lol. I went there when I did the remaining bits of Greenpath.
I have all three vessels now, too, because the last thing I did last night was get the vessel fragment in Deepnest. Which didn't take long at all.
The only completely unexplored area left is The Abyss...(and White Palace ofc).
And I have to take on the Dreamers and do some more dream fights (dream fights are my least favourite fights in the game!)
I resumed my PC playthrough where I was trying to beat Hornet II without any nail upgrades and...I did it! After getting one more mask and one more charm notch. And I also used the spore shroom charm, which did help a bit, and I'm okay with that because I was getting tired of trying tbh.
What amazed me the most was realizing how much of the game I'd played before that, without any nail upgrades.
I didn't even use the seal to get into City of Tears, and I think I arrived via King's Station? Because I hadn't even been to the Resting Grounds yet. But I'd defeated Mantis Lords, since I had their charm, Lost Kin, because I had the double jump thing obv, Dung Defender, Soul Master (or w/e he's called) and done all of Crystal Peak (which is my least favourite area of the game), apart from the 2x damage boss and including Crown of Hallownest.
I'd already gotten all charms bar one from Salubra, and still had to buy only two charm notches. I had not gotten the charms from the dude in the shroom place.
And I had the tram pass because I believe I defeated Mantis Lords, then went to Deepnest to get the pass and from there to Ancient Basin and from there on to King's Station.
I'm impressed.
Over the weekend I've done I'd say the majority of what was left, got over 1200 essence in my dream nail, explored the rest of Deepnest (apart from the very bottom where that long-necked thing is...the Midwife?), got into Fog Canyon, Queen's Gardens (<3 <3 <3), did "normal" Grimm (which is disgustingly easy now compared to Nightmare King), did the first Colosseum Challenge, opened Stag Station...for some reason I hadn't been to Howling Cliffs! Lol. I went there when I did the remaining bits of Greenpath.
I have all three vessels now, too, because the last thing I did last night was get the vessel fragment in Deepnest. Which didn't take long at all.
The only completely unexplored area left is The Abyss...(and White Palace ofc).
And I have to take on the Dreamers and do some more dream fights (dream fights are my least favourite fights in the game!)